The M36 Series is ingenious in its simplicity. The black polyester powder coated aluminium absorber collects the sun’s heat and transfers it to the water in the 7 risers. Copper is used for the risers for its high thermal conductivity ensuring the maximum amount of heat energy is passed to the water. As the water in the risers is heated, it rises into the tank to be replaced by cooler water from the tank. The solar heated water is then stored ready for use – hot water free from the sun.
The M36 Series has a ceramic lined tank with a protective sacrificial anode. The M36 Free Heat features additional anode protection.
- Stylish slimline roof mount design
- Can cut water heating energy use by up to 90%^
- Reliable, low maintenance operation
- Eligible for Government rebates and incentives
* The suggested price is comprised of RRP less the applicable solar incentive and excluding installation. Solar incentive value applies to 360L system in Zone 3.
^ Energy savings of up to 52% to 90% shown are based on Australian Government approved TRNSYS simulation modelling using a medium load. Savings and incentives will vary depending upon your location, type of Seilar system installed, orientation and inclination of the solar collectors, type of water heater being replaced, hot water consumption and fuel tariff. Maximum financial savings off your hot water bill are achievable when replacing an electric water heater on continuous tariff.
† Seilar Warranty Details: 5/5/5 warranty; 5 year cylinder and collectors supply, 5 year parts, 5 year labour. 10/5/5 warranty, 10 year cylinder and collectors supply, 5 year parts, 5 year labour.
M36 Solar Specifications
|Tank Model||M360 Tank||M362 System|
|Storage Capacity||360 Litres||362 litres|
|Boost Capacity (Electric)||150 litres||150 litres|
|Weight Empty||81 kg||151 kg|
|Weight Full||381 kg||457 kg|
|A-Width||2.43 m||2.48 m|
|B-Length*||0.51 m||2.53 m|
* An Additional 0.9m (35.4in) should be left on all four sides of the installation for safe access and servicing. The M36 and M36 Free Heat systems (if installed with a TRV system) can be installed as a solar preheater with a Seilar inline gas booster water heater. Refer to the Seilar gas booster specification sheet for further details on the gas booster.
|Aperture (heating) Area||1.87 m2|
|Working Pressure||1000 kPa
|Absorber Surface||Black polyester powder coat|
|Riser Material||copper tube|
|Tray Material||0.7 mm aluminium|
|Insulation Material – Base||38 mm polyester blanket|
|Glass||3.2 mm tempered low iron glass|
*Weight includes fittings
|Electric Boost Specifications|
|Heating Unit Type||Cooper sheath immersion element|
|Supply Voltage||240 V -250 V|
|Recovery Rate (litres/hour) @ 240V and Temperature Rise of:|
|TPR Valve Setting||1000 kPa
|ECV* Setting||850 kPa
|Max. Supply Pressure|
|With ECV||680 kPa|
|Without ECV||800 kPa|
*Expansion Control Valve.